Pitch #1 — No Fly Zone Podcast Branding/Rebranding
The main project that I wish to complete in this class is creating a full social media presence for my friend’s podcast series, No Fly Zone. He and his friends created this podcast and air every Friday through SJU radio. However, their social media presence is lacking and I offered to help him out, thinking I could potentially turn this into my capstone project!
- Through previous Comm classes, as well as past job and internship experience, I am very knowledgable on content creation, management, data analysis and logistics, and more. I am looking to get into social media marketing once I graduate, so this project would serve as an amazing jump start to my career and a great addition to my personal portfolio. I also have experience in rebranding and creating brand books.
- Instagram rebranding, TikTok creation, Twitter creation, brand book, and POSSIBLY creating a website for them and a Spotify/Apple Music account for them to post their podcast on
- Trello (for content calendar/timeline), Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, WordPress (?) and Spotify/Apple Music (?)
- Video Kit from the gear room
- I have experience in all of these areas, but I have never had to work alongside someone to meet their brand’s wants and needs, so I may have a clashing perspective on what looks best, but I have to comply with the client’s desires and not my own.
Pitch #2 — “How I Love Being A Woman” Tribute
For this project, I would love to make a 30-50 page photo essay to serve as a tribute to the women in my life. I would photograph and observe the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful that makes up today’s modern women.
- Classes such as Advance Design, Visual Design, and Digital Field Methods have honed my skills for photography, videography, creative editing, and so much more. I believe I could do great with a project like this because I have worked on the main aspects of a project development like this.
- Either an online PDF-style booklet showcasing my photo essay, or a laminated paperback book that would serve to deliver the photo journal the same way.
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, LightRoom
- Video Kit from the gear room
- I have never made a layout booklet before, but I feel that so long as the photos follow an order to tell a story and are edited the way I want them to be, they will align well and I can place them in an order that makes it cohesive and easy on the eye.
Pitch #3 — SJU Saf(er)
Lastly, as we all are aware SJU Safe is a very resourceful tool the university implemented to give student’s access to different safety features such as walks home, public safety transportation, and more. The app, however, could definitely use a boost to push kids to use it, showcasing how easy and accessible it can be.
- As previously mentioned, I have experience with rebranding and since I am a student here that, amongst many others, never relies on SJU Safe, I could gauge an audience on what features they would like to see, what they can do without, and how to make it easily accessible to everyone both here and on our three other satellite campuses.
- Website and application
- Adobe InDesign & Illustrator
- App designing software (Figma)
- I have never made an application before, so while I think that creating all of the elements to this app would be fairly simple for me (such as direct links and resources, the overall look to the app, etc.) I may find it challenging to go through the app-developing process.